Part time/Full time Position for Lawyer or Experienced Paralegal/HR NCO
(flexible hours / in person position (virtual work also available for the right person) Send to robert@CitizenSoldierLaw.com , resume detailing your experience as well as a cover letter)
You must come to work prepared to work. Clients pay for staff who are focused and who turn off their phones. The reality is that distracted staff will not be tolerated.
Who are we? Citizen Soldier Law serves all branches of the military and other government organizations. We represent those who are injured in service, often challenging allegations of misconduct, entitled to a military disability pension, and need a medical evaluation board. These clients are entitled to due process and their rights must be safeguarded.
Necessary Background: experienced lawyer or paralegal with Judge Advocate experience, and retirees are most welcome, or a Human Resources NCO to assist our team. Our ideal candidate must be a current or prior service military with at least 5 years of experience.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Focusing on the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) process and developing timelines and identifying other actions necessary
- Managing the entire IDES and legal process from beginning to end
- Establishing and executing the legal strategies and policies necessary to meet our clients’ legal issues
- Managing a client’s case from beginning to end
- Organizing and managing clients’ digital and hardcopy records
Other characteristics of our ideal candidate include:
- Extreme attention to detail with perfectionistic tendencies
- Enjoy working independently
- High ethical standards
Experience and education:
- 5+ years experience as current or prior service military
- Bachelor’s degree not necessary
- 3-5 years experience providing human resources or legal support to service members
- Familiar with IDES and ability to comprehend military regulations and policy relating to our caseload
If this ad describes you and you’re passionate about serving fellow comrades, we want to hear from you. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this unique position, please submit a resume detailing your experience as well as a cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position.